This blog has sadly gotten so neglected since Chloe arrived, BUT that is about to change! I am entering 2020 with the goal of posting all of the great information I share in my Instagram stories here on the blog so you guys can easily refer back to what I highlighted!
Today I’m talking about nontoxic deodorants, the difference between antiperspirants and deodorants, what you want to avoid when shopping for deodorants and of course, sharing three of my faves!
But first, what is the difference between an antiperspirant and a deodorant?
An antiperspirant is exactly as it sounds, a product that prevents you from sweating. Whereas a deodorant still allows the body to sweat, but contains natural ingredients to absorb excess moisture and plant extracts to kill odor causing bacteria on the skin.
What to avoid when shopping for underarm products..
- Aluminum – found to be a possible endocrine disruptor
- Synthetic fragrances – a sneaky way for brands to hide toxic ingredients since fragrance formulations are considered proprietary so brands do not have to list everything in them.
- Parabens – found to be possible endocrine disruptors
My 3 Favorite Clean Deodorants:
- Soapwalla Citrus Sensitive Skin Deodorant: it uses charcoal to absorb excess moisture and palmarosa essential oil extract to kill odor causing bacteria. I really love the light citrus scent and have found this deodorant to be the best if you’re a heavy sweater.
- Kaia Naturals Rose Deodorant: This one also uses charcoal to absorb excess moisture, but it contains more hydrating and soothing ingredients than the Soapwalla one, so I find I recommend this one to friends who deal with ingrown hairs, razor burn or dry underarms.
- Ursa Major Base Layer Deodorant: This deodorant is unscented and I love recommending this for my friends who are pregnant or very sensitive to fragrances. It uses kaolin clay to absorb excess moisture and probiotic enzymes to combat odor causing bacteria. I find this one works well if you’re a moderate to mild sweater.