Motherhood is supposed to be a time nourish and give to others, but how can that be possible if as a mother I feel so depleted? To say that I’m exhausted and running on fumes is the understatement of the year. It’s worse than that. I feel like a shell of my former self. I tell this to friends all the time, mostly to just vent, but recently I realized I need to do something about this. I refuse to let this be my new normal. So recently after reading Shaman and MD, Alberto Villodolo’s new book, Grow A New Body, I’ve decided I’m going to do a complete mommy makeover – wellness edition. Unlike the mommy makeovers found in the plastic surgery corner of the world, this mommy makeover is for internal transformation to bring back my vibrancy, glow and energy!
So, how am I going to do it?
- Diet – Follow a plant-based, egg/dairy free Keto Diet that emphasizes healthy plant based fats
- Candida – Rid my body of a harmful Candida overgrowth by utilizing a fermented recipe for the yeast s. Boulardii that will help to flush out harmful Candida
- Microbiome – Replenish my microbiome with good bacteria from fermented foods
- Detox – Make time to sweat profusely 1-2x a week either in a sauna or through vigorous exercise
- Connectedness – Meditate and journal 2-3x a week to free myself from stressors and calm my mind
My plan is to follow these new implementations for at least three months, hopefully making them a part of my every day life, but if not that’s okay too. My goal here is to explore how these various overhauls make me feel and decide later what I want to keep and let go of.
Each week for the next five weeks I am going to share how I incorporate each of these five topics into my life and as the weeks go by I will be sharing weekly updates reflecting on how I feel, my energy levels and what I find works and doesn’t.
I’m so excited to be on this #BondRemake journey and am excited to have you all along for the ride!
Remember, I’m not an expert. My posts covering all of the above will always search out input from experts whether that be interviews with medical professionals and/or quotes from studies or reputable online content, but at the end of the day what I write about are just my thoughts and experiences. Thanks for being on the journey with me and be sure to connect with me on Instagram @bondenavant!
Written by Amy Chang; photo by Brenna W shot for BOND EN AVANT